There has been a change of personnel at Askari Game Lodge and Mr Ian van der Vyver should no longer be contacted before you access Tonquani from the south. Please delete his contact details from your phone. From now onwards you need to send your SMS notification to Gerald Fullard (082 579 7975 <tel:%28082 579%207975> ) with the following details:
· Party leader’s name
· MCSA membership number
· Car registration number(s)
· Number of people in party
·If you are camping over, include this info in your SMS (see note below)
You are also requested to keep your telephone on you. The reason for this is that they may need to contact you in case of an emergency, for example, if there is a fire in the area. (We are entering the fire-season) It may therefore be prudent to also include an alternate number when sending through your particulars.
As a reminder, the Tonquani south entrance is very sensitive and should be treated with utmost respect. Please keep the following in mind when using it:
· Do not arrive before dawn or depart after nightfall. Poaching is a serious problem with the rangers and residents in the area often setting up night patrols. You do not want to be mistaken for a poacher when returning to your vehicle afterhours. You may however leave your car at the parking spot overnight if you are camping at Tonquani.
· This entrance is for MCSA members only. You may however bring one-guest per full-member with you.
· Do not divulge the gate code to non-members.
· Please pay R30/car parking fee to the Johannesburg MCSA administrator. We have reached an agreement with the property owner that this money is paid over to the local Fire Protection Association. Fires are a constant threat in the area and this money is used to assist them in purchasing and maintaining their equipment.